What is a Mother’s Day Health Pledge?
For millions of people around the globe, Mother’s Day is a special time to honor maternal figures and reflect on their impact on their lives. It should also be a time to reflect on your life and your important role in your family. As a mother, you are a nurse, maid, teacher, caretaker, chauffeur, chef, and your kids’ biggest fan. Could you be doing more for your own well-being? Here’s how to make a Mother’s Day Health Pledge this year to help you stay balanced, focused, and healthy.
What is a Mother’s Day Health Pledge?
Most people make resolutions on New Year’s Eve, but did you know that 80 percent of these pledges fail within the first two months? Break away from tradition and start your resolution for a healthier you this Mother’s Day.
Spring is the ideal time to commit to life changes, according to Psychology Today. As the weather warms and the days get longer, most people find renewed hope and motivation frequently lost over the cold, dark winter months. You find your mood improved, social interactions increased, and the barriers that kept you indoors all winter long removed. This optimism makes a Mother’s Day Health Pledge far easier to maintain than a New Year’s resolution.
A Mother’s Day Health Pledge is an internal commitment to live healthier and make better choices so you can continue to provide your family with everything they need and still have time and energy to devote to your own well-being.
Tips for Creating a Successful Mother’s Day Health Pledge
Many commitments and resolutions fail because they need to be more specific, with a concrete way to measure results or plan for success. Here are a few tips for creating a winning strategy for your Mother’s Day Health Pledge.
- Write down the changes you want to see: Balanced moods? Increased energy? Weight loss? Writing down your goals creates a whole-brain connection from thinking and planning to implementing those plans.
- Keep the changes realistic: You can’t expect to run a marathon in June if you’ve never run before. Instead of setting your goals as daunting mountains, break them into smaller, measurable, realistic chunks. Gradually add jogging to your walks instead of trying to run long distances immediately.
- Track progress: Don’t expect your Mother’s Day Health Pledge to transform your well-being overnight. Create a series of milestones where you can measure your success rather than checking it every day. This applies to anything from weight loss to eating healthier meals and making life changes that reduce stress.
- Share your Mother’s Day Health Pledge: The more support you get from friends and family, the better your chances of a successful Mother’s Day Health Pledge will be. For even more support, find a pledge partner to share your journey.
- Give yourself time: It takes around twenty days for a new action to become a habit and roughly six months for it to become a routine. Create a realistic timeline when making life adjustments.
- Expect and accept occasional failures: Sometimes we fall back into old habits, no matter our resolve. Accepting occasional failures and getting yourself back on track immediately is essential. Give yourself a break, and don’t give up on your Mother’s Day Health Pledge because you experienced a setback.
Your Mother’s Day Health Pledge
If you’re wondering how to create your Mother’s Day Health Pledge, here are a few critical elements for achieving a balanced, healthy new you. Pledge to do the following:
- Eat a balanced and nutritious diet: Focus on eating a variety of whole foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats. Limit processed and high-calorie foods and beverages.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water and limit sugary drinks such as soda and juice.
- Get enough sleep: Aim for seven to nine hours each night to help your body recharge and function at its best.
- Exercise regularly: Find your favorite physical activities and make them routine. This can help you maintain a healthy weight, reduce stress, and improve overall health.
- Manage stress: Find healthy ways to manage stress, such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises.
- Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption: Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can negatively affect your health, so try to avoid them.
- Get regular check-ups: See your functional medicine doctor regularly for check-ups and screenings to catch any potential health issues early on.
- Stay socially connected: Stay connected with friends and family to help reduce stress and promote mental health.
- Take care of your mental health: Practice self-care, seek support when needed, and consider seeing a doctor if you’re struggling with mental health issues such as anxiety and depression.
True Life Medicine is Ready to Help You Achieve Success
At True Life Functional Medicine in Colorado Springs, we help busy mothers like you find the renewed energy and health they need to live a fulfilled, happy, and balanced life.
Whether you need help with an existing condition or are seeking ways to restore and maintain a healthy balance, True Life Medicine has the healthcare solutions you need. Contact us now to book your free discovery call, and let us help you make your Mother’s Day Health Pledge a reality.