Patient Fees & Pricing
The in depth, Functional Medicine care provided through True Life Medicine goes far beyond what traditional insurance will cover, and by them is labeled as “preventative and wellness”. Thus we have a monthly membership fee based model that affords our true, healing care.
We currently remain in network with most insurance providers to also facilitate your basic primary care needs, in addition to our root-cause care.
Questions? Please contact Clinic Director Kevin Miller: email or 719-686-7776
Getting to the root cause issues of your health and wellness is not a quick fix. It took your body a long while to develop levels of deficit. It will take a while to improve and hopefully, get corrected. We generally look at an Annual plan of therapy:
- *$2,964 when paid Annually (save $336 / $247 per month)
- $275 Per Month if paid monthly
*You are welcome to start at the monthly rate and convert to an annual payment after your first appointment when you are fully confident in your decision to become a patient.
Family Rates – We are grateful to have many families as members at True Life Medicine, with multiple families of six to even eight members! Being healthy and well is a glorious family endeavor that pays dividends for life.
- 15% off for Family Members over 18, or children under 18 dealing with chronic issues.
- For well children under the age of 18 we have further discounted offerings to include them.
- For families with four or more members we have discounted offerings.
How it Works
Here are some bullet points to help you understand what starting out as a patient looks like.
- Enrolling – This can be done over the phone or in our office, with our Clinic Director. It can take just a matter of minutes.
- Payment – At the time of enrollment, we will take your payment information and your decision on paying monthly or annually. A $100 Appointment Deposit will be charged immediately – this is not an extra charge, but taken from your initial month or annual payment. Your payment plan will officially start three days before your first scheduled appointment.
- First New Patient Appointments – We generally stay booked 8-12 weeks out, so be aware that when you enroll there will be a bit of a wait to get you in for your first appointment.
- Think Annual – You are not paying for monthly appointments, but a full array of care that includes in-office appointments, remote care, in house diagnostics, discounts on supplements and more.
- No Contract – You are not bound by any contract, you may remain a patient as long as you desire. If you decide to discontinue, just let us know.
- Meet & Great – We often get this request, “Can I meet with Dr. James before I make such a commitment?” It is a completely understandable request. We do not do this however, as we stay booked out a good ways with new patient enrollments. What we do offer is this – if after your first appointment you do not wish to continue, you may stop immediately. We base our fees on $400 per hour for Dr. James, so you will have received $600 of his time for under $275 or $247. If you paid for an annual plan, we will refund all but $275. We are proud to say we have never been asked to do this, but it is a standing offer for your security.
- Labs – A very extensive lab panel is paramount to your care. These labs are not included in your fees to True Life Medicine, we utilize Quest Diagnostics. If you believe your insurance will not cover the costs, we can help you with cash pay prices to Quest Diagnostics to help keep the out of pocket costs around $600.
- Supplements – As the modern diet can not supply the nutrients we need for optimal health, Nutritional Supplements are a staple. Prospective patients are often concerned about how much additional expense this will add. Dr. James is very sensitive to supplements being taken unnecessarily and tries to minimize intake as much as possible. Additionally we provide access to the highest quality supplements and a negotiated 20% discount from the supplier.
Your Foundational Start
1. Comprehensive Functional Wellness Consultation & Evaluation with Dr. James – This is where it starts off. A comprehensive consulting session with Dr. James to understand the full context of…you. What your history is, your present condition, and where you want to be in the near and long-term future. You’ll fill out a comprehensive medical and health history, have an extended visit with Dr. James (on site at our clinic is preferred) and an extensive lab panel drawn (Quest Diagnostics employs a full time phlebotomist in the clinic for your convenience – this lab fee is not included in your membership).
2. Follow-Up Strategy Session with Dr. James – 30 days out – This is Dr. James paramount session. He has the context of you and now has hard data results from blood tests and advanced diagnostics. This is where the strategy is set for walking out your path to wellness, based on your goals.
3. Diet, Nutrition & Exercise Consultation with Health Coach Jane Enger – 40 days out – With the context, diagnosis and prescribed strategy from Dr. James, Jane now joins to help plan out the day-to-day walking out of your path in regards to daily diet, nutrition and exercise. She also administers our in-house diagnostic testing.
4. Follow-Up Implementation Progress with Dr. James – 75 days out – This is a significant check up to monitor your progress and adjust your trajectory.
Every 45-60 Days – Going forward you will be scheduled for ensuing appointments and/or touch points with your Providers every 45-60 days.
Daily Contact – You are walking out and living within your health, minute by minute, every day. When you have a Question, Concern, or Idea, contacting your team of Providers at True Life Medicine as easy as a quick text from your smart phone or message from your computer, right when you are thinking of it. While this is not a “doctor-on-call” your team will respond during normal business hours.
Highlights of the True Life Medicine Membership
The point is lots of engagement, monitoring and care. Getting “weller” is a process. A very invested process!
|Functional Wellness Consultation & Evaluation||✔ Included|
|Diet, Nutrition, & Exercise Coaching & Counsel||✔ Included|
|Virtual Visits: Telephone and Video Consultations||✔ Included|
|In-House Advanced Diagnostic Testing||✔ Included|
|Individual Research & Med-Ed||✔ Included|
|Discounted Nutritional Supplements||✔ Included|
|Mobile Functional Medicine||✔ Included|
|Efficient Acute Care Visits||✔ Included|
|Referral Network Consistent With Functional Medicine||✔ Included|